16-year-old girl raped by boyfriend, another man in Mumbai
Mumbai: A 16-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her boyfriend and a 49-year-old man at suburban Bandra on different occasions, police said on Wednesday.
According to police, the victim`s female friend took her to the residence of accused Akhtar Quereshi (49) of Behram Nagar in Bandra on August 17. Quereshi and the victim`s family, which also stays in the same locality, had quarrelled on local issues on a number of occasions.
The victim claimed that spiked drinks were offered to her by Quereshi on August 17 night and when she woke up the next day morning, she realised that she had been raped, police said.
Then she left Quereshi`s house and stayed with her boyfriend Vijay Kumar alias Mohammed Ali in the same locality for 15 days, police said adding that, "Earlier too, the girl had left home and stayed with her boyfriend for several days. After a few days, she used to come back home. She has a history of running away with her boyfriend."
Yesterday, she returned home and was later admitted in a hospital in Bandra when police were tipped off that a girl was raped.
Police then rushed to the hospital where her statement was recorded.
The victim told the police that Quereshi had raped her on August 17 while her boyfriend had also sexually assaulted her at his house on a number of occasions till September 2.
Accordingly, an FIR was registered for rape against Quereshi and Vijay Kumar last night and the duo was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chase master Kohli stars as India beat Kiwis by 7 wickets, lead series 2-1
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption