16-year-old girl raped by boyfriend, another man in Mumbai
Mumbai: A 16-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her boyfriend and a 49-year-old man at suburban Bandra on different occasions, police said on Wednesday.
According to police, the victim`s female friend took her to the residence of accused Akhtar Quereshi (49) of Behram Nagar in Bandra on August 17. Quereshi and the victim`s family, which also stays in the same locality, had quarrelled on local issues on a number of occasions.
The victim claimed that spiked drinks were offered to her by Quereshi on August 17 night and when she woke up the next day morning, she realised that she had been raped, police said.
Then she left Quereshi`s house and stayed with her boyfriend Vijay Kumar alias Mohammed Ali in the same locality for 15 days, police said adding that, "Earlier too, the girl had left home and stayed with her boyfriend for several days. After a few days, she used to come back home. She has a history of running away with her boyfriend."
Yesterday, she returned home and was later admitted in a hospital in Bandra when police were tipped off that a girl was raped.
Police then rushed to the hospital where her statement was recorded.
The victim told the police that Quereshi had raped her on August 17 while her boyfriend had also sexually assaulted her at his house on a number of occasions till September 2.
Accordingly, an FIR was registered for rape against Quereshi and Vijay Kumar last night and the duo was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part IV
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part V
- Man who tried to assassinate Ronald Reagan in 1981 to be freed
- One of 9 militants killed in Dhaka raid is 'missing' varsity student
- Cabinet approves AIIMS in Bhatinda
- US Presidential Elections: Why Barack Obama warned Democrats to 'stay worried' about Donald Trump
- Shot putter Inderjeet Singh passes second dope test; NADA awaits July 10 and 11 results