16-year-old girl raped by boyfriend, another man in Mumbai
Mumbai: A 16-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her boyfriend and a 49-year-old man at suburban Bandra on different occasions, police said on Wednesday.
According to police, the victim`s female friend took her to the residence of accused Akhtar Quereshi (49) of Behram Nagar in Bandra on August 17. Quereshi and the victim`s family, which also stays in the same locality, had quarrelled on local issues on a number of occasions.
The victim claimed that spiked drinks were offered to her by Quereshi on August 17 night and when she woke up the next day morning, she realised that she had been raped, police said.
Then she left Quereshi`s house and stayed with her boyfriend Vijay Kumar alias Mohammed Ali in the same locality for 15 days, police said adding that, "Earlier too, the girl had left home and stayed with her boyfriend for several days. After a few days, she used to come back home. She has a history of running away with her boyfriend."
Yesterday, she returned home and was later admitted in a hospital in Bandra when police were tipped off that a girl was raped.
Police then rushed to the hospital where her statement was recorded.
The victim told the police that Quereshi had raped her on August 17 while her boyfriend had also sexually assaulted her at his house on a number of occasions till September 2.
Accordingly, an FIR was registered for rape against Quereshi and Vijay Kumar last night and the duo was arrested.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference