‘160 died on railway tracks in Dombivali in 2011`
Thane: Accidents on the railway tracks in
Dombivali, a suburban Central Railway section, killed as many as 160 persons and left 173 injured in 2011, a railway police official said Wednesday.
There have been 966 deaths since 2006 on the railway
tracks in Dombivali, senior police inspector Shivaji Bagul of
Dombivali railway police station said.
Recently, it had come to light that as many as 36,152 commuters died in various accidents on both the Central and Western rail network, while a total of 36,688 people were injured between 2002 and November 2011.
This was revealed after an RTI activist Chetan Kothari
had sought details from the Government Railway Police (GRP) .
The data had revealed that on an average over 3,500
people die on tracks every year in mishaps like crossing the
railway lines and falling down from running train among
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS