‘160 died on railway tracks in Dombivali in 2011`
Thane: Accidents on the railway tracks in
Dombivali, a suburban Central Railway section, killed as many as 160 persons and left 173 injured in 2011, a railway police official said Wednesday.
There have been 966 deaths since 2006 on the railway
tracks in Dombivali, senior police inspector Shivaji Bagul of
Dombivali railway police station said.
Recently, it had come to light that as many as 36,152 commuters died in various accidents on both the Central and Western rail network, while a total of 36,688 people were injured between 2002 and November 2011.
This was revealed after an RTI activist Chetan Kothari
had sought details from the Government Railway Police (GRP) .
The data had revealed that on an average over 3,500
people die on tracks every year in mishaps like crossing the
railway lines and falling down from running train among
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Do not intervene in South China Sea dispute: China tells Japan
- Nepal PM KP Sharma Oli steps down
- Centuries-old fair symbolising maize blossom begins in Himachal
- 2016 Olympics: Russia escape blanket ban, but IOC bars whistle-blower from Rio Games
- Pakistan Daily calls Nawaz Sharif's statement on Kashmir 'wishful thinking and unrealistic'