‘160 died on railway tracks in Dombivali in 2011`
Thane: Accidents on the railway tracks in
Dombivali, a suburban Central Railway section, killed as many as 160 persons and left 173 injured in 2011, a railway police official said Wednesday.
There have been 966 deaths since 2006 on the railway
tracks in Dombivali, senior police inspector Shivaji Bagul of
Dombivali railway police station said.
Recently, it had come to light that as many as 36,152 commuters died in various accidents on both the Central and Western rail network, while a total of 36,688 people were injured between 2002 and November 2011.
This was revealed after an RTI activist Chetan Kothari
had sought details from the Government Railway Police (GRP) .
The data had revealed that on an average over 3,500
people die on tracks every year in mishaps like crossing the
railway lines and falling down from running train among
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Sushant Singh Rajput shares third poster of ‘M.S.Dhoni- The Untold Story’
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside