‘160 died on railway tracks in Dombivali in 2011`
Thane: Accidents on the railway tracks in
Dombivali, a suburban Central Railway section, killed as many as 160 persons and left 173 injured in 2011, a railway police official said Wednesday.
There have been 966 deaths since 2006 on the railway
tracks in Dombivali, senior police inspector Shivaji Bagul of
Dombivali railway police station said.
Recently, it had come to light that as many as 36,152 commuters died in various accidents on both the Central and Western rail network, while a total of 36,688 people were injured between 2002 and November 2011.
This was revealed after an RTI activist Chetan Kothari
had sought details from the Government Railway Police (GRP) .
The data had revealed that on an average over 3,500
people die on tracks every year in mishaps like crossing the
railway lines and falling down from running train among
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon