17 policemen suspended for disobeying orders
Gondia: Seventeen policemen from Gondia district in Maharashtra were suspended for alleged dereliction of duty, police sources said.
District Superintendent of Police Dr Dilip Zalke had on April 2 released orders for 33 policemen from Gondia to join the special action in Nagpur on deputation.
They were supposed to go to Nagpur on April 12 by Vidarbha Express, but out of the 33, 17 did not reach there.
The SP then issued orders dated May 2 putting all the 17 constables under suspension.
The suspended police personnel are - Rajesh Madame, Ajay Bopche, Gajanan Marbade, Radheshyam Lanjewar, Amit Gomase, Sudesh Tembhre, Dinesh Lilhare, Sumit Rahangdale, Gaurav Giri, Ravishankar Mahurle, Novesh Mhaske, Gunwant Kathane, Akhilesh Gajbhiye, Mukesh Malgawe, Ravi Meshram, Dinesh Yadav and Mahendra Chopkar.
All of them are now attached to the sub-district headquarters of Deori, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?