17 policemen suspended for disobeying orders
Gondia: Seventeen policemen from Gondia district in Maharashtra were suspended for alleged dereliction of duty, police sources said.
District Superintendent of Police Dr Dilip Zalke had on April 2 released orders for 33 policemen from Gondia to join the special action in Nagpur on deputation.
They were supposed to go to Nagpur on April 12 by Vidarbha Express, but out of the 33, 17 did not reach there.
The SP then issued orders dated May 2 putting all the 17 constables under suspension.
The suspended police personnel are - Rajesh Madame, Ajay Bopche, Gajanan Marbade, Radheshyam Lanjewar, Amit Gomase, Sudesh Tembhre, Dinesh Lilhare, Sumit Rahangdale, Gaurav Giri, Ravishankar Mahurle, Novesh Mhaske, Gunwant Kathane, Akhilesh Gajbhiye, Mukesh Malgawe, Ravi Meshram, Dinesh Yadav and Mahendra Chopkar.
All of them are now attached to the sub-district headquarters of Deori, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends