17 policemen suspended for disobeying orders
Gondia: Seventeen policemen from Gondia district in Maharashtra were suspended for alleged dereliction of duty, police sources said.
District Superintendent of Police Dr Dilip Zalke had on April 2 released orders for 33 policemen from Gondia to join the special action in Nagpur on deputation.
They were supposed to go to Nagpur on April 12 by Vidarbha Express, but out of the 33, 17 did not reach there.
The SP then issued orders dated May 2 putting all the 17 constables under suspension.
The suspended police personnel are - Rajesh Madame, Ajay Bopche, Gajanan Marbade, Radheshyam Lanjewar, Amit Gomase, Sudesh Tembhre, Dinesh Lilhare, Sumit Rahangdale, Gaurav Giri, Ravishankar Mahurle, Novesh Mhaske, Gunwant Kathane, Akhilesh Gajbhiye, Mukesh Malgawe, Ravi Meshram, Dinesh Yadav and Mahendra Chopkar.
All of them are now attached to the sub-district headquarters of Deori, police added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed