19-year-old girl`s body found; police suspect jilted lover
Thane: A 19-year-old college girl was found murdered in Kalyan in the district, with as many as 12 stab wounds on her throat.
The body of Rajani Ramkumar Verma was found yesterday at Nandivali between Kalyan and Dombivili, police said today.
Her identity was established based on the ID card found near the body, they said.
The victim had left her house around 7 AM on Thursday to attend her coaching class. However, when she did not return home till late night, her worried parents launched a search and finally registered a missing person`s complaint with the local police.
The motive behind the killing was still not known, though the police suspect that the act might have been committed by a jilted lover.
The body has been sent for post-mortem and an offence has been registered against unknown killers.
Police have ruled out the possibility of rape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India