1993 blasts convict dies in Mumbai
Mumbai: An 85-year-old man awarded life sentence in the 1993 serial bomb blasts in the metropolis on Sunday died at his residence here.
Ishaq Hajwane was at present out on bail. The Supreme Court had upheld his conviction by TADA court in March this year.
He was one of the convicts who along with actor Sanjay Dutt had been given one-month additional time to surrender by the apex court.
"Ishaq Hajwane died at his residence. He was suffering from multiple organ failure," said his advocate Farhana Shah.
Hajwane was found guilty of criminal conspiracy and participating in a weapons training session organised by Tiger Memon, the key mastermind behind the blasts.
The TADA court had sentenced him to 14 years` imprisonment. However, the apex court had enhanced his sentence to imprisonment for life.
Hajwane was to surrender on May 16, Shah said.
"I will inform the court about his demise to the TADA court once I get the death certificate," Shah added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside