2 kg gold seized from passenger at Mumbai airport
Mumbai: The Air Intelligence Unit (AIU) of Mumbai Customs seized two kg gold worth around Rs 52 lakh from a passenger who flew in from Dubai on Sunday, sources said.
Arif Abdullah, a passenger who allegedly possessed the yellow metal, walked through the green channel, though only those passengers with nothing to declare are supposed to do so, AIU sources said.
Those who have possessions to declare are supposed to take the red channel.
Acting on a tip-off, a team led by AIU Assistant Commissioner Rishi Yadav intercepted Abdullah, a resident of Kerala, after he walked through the green channel.
A thorough frisking of Abdullah led to the seizure of the gold concealed in false pockets of his trousers.
"We have seized gold bars worth around Rs 52 lakh and have recorded his statement. We still have to find out if there are others involved in this racket," sources added.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria
- Preparing for Brexit, Britain may see new PM by early September