The leakage in the plant triggered a scare in the area
with people living in nearby localities shifted temporarily as
a precautionary measure.
The patients, who complained of cough and eye
irritation after the gas leak, are in a stable condition,
hospital sources said.
The leakage has been plugged.
Pune: Twenty people were hospitalised
on Tuesday following a chlorine gas leak from an effluent treatment
plant in Pimpri Chinchwad area in Pune district.
First Published: Tuesday, January 18, 2011, 13:03