20% reservation in jobs soon for Marathis: Narayan Rane
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Mumbai: Maharashtra Industries Minister Narayan Rane on Friday reiterated that the Congress-NCP government in the state will soon bring in 20 percent reservation for Marathis in job.
Rane said a decision in this regard will be taken at the earliest.
The move is being seen as a sop by the state government ahead of the Assembly Elections later this year.
Apart from Marathis, the state government is also mulling providing reservation to Muslims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read