20-year-old girl gangraped by three men in Thane
Thane: A 20-year-old girl, who works as a domestic help, was allegedly gangraped by three men in Ulhasnagar area in the district, police said today.
The three accused have been identified as Vijay S Kharat (23), Datta Badya Dondiram Kamble (20) and Sunil Bhimrao Pradhan (25), they said.
According to police, the trio allegedly took the girl to an isolated place behind the Mamata Hospital near Camp No. 1 area in Ulhasnagar last night, when she had stepped out of her home to go to a nearby market and then took turns to rape her.
The victim lived in a chawl in Ulhasnagar and worked as a domestic help in the township.
Police have registered a case under various sections of the IPC against the trio.
Efforts are on to nab the accused, who are still at large, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH