20-year-old girl gangraped by three men in Thane
Thane: A 20-year-old girl, who works as a domestic help, was allegedly gangraped by three men in Ulhasnagar area in the district, police said today.
The three accused have been identified as Vijay S Kharat (23), Datta Badya Dondiram Kamble (20) and Sunil Bhimrao Pradhan (25), they said.
According to police, the trio allegedly took the girl to an isolated place behind the Mamata Hospital near Camp No. 1 area in Ulhasnagar last night, when she had stepped out of her home to go to a nearby market and then took turns to rape her.
The victim lived in a chawl in Ulhasnagar and worked as a domestic help in the township.
Police have registered a case under various sections of the IPC against the trio.
Efforts are on to nab the accused, who are still at large, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Two criminals arrested; stolen motorcycle, arms recovered
- Congress not to project a CM candidate in Gujarat
- Ranveer Singh's rendition of 'Pardesi Pardesi' is so bad it is actually good! - Watch video
- Balochistan Assembly adopts resolution against PM Narendra Modi - Know details
- JNU rape case: Accused scholar Anmol Ratan suspended from university