20-year-old girl gangraped by three men in Thane
Thane: A 20-year-old girl, who works as a domestic help, was allegedly gangraped by three men in Ulhasnagar area in the district, police said today.
The three accused have been identified as Vijay S Kharat (23), Datta Badya Dondiram Kamble (20) and Sunil Bhimrao Pradhan (25), they said.
According to police, the trio allegedly took the girl to an isolated place behind the Mamata Hospital near Camp No. 1 area in Ulhasnagar last night, when she had stepped out of her home to go to a nearby market and then took turns to rape her.
The victim lived in a chawl in Ulhasnagar and worked as a domestic help in the township.
Police have registered a case under various sections of the IPC against the trio.
Efforts are on to nab the accused, who are still at large, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- Mumbai Taxi-rickshaw strike 'put on hold'
- VIDEO: Sushil calls Narsingh's doping row 'unfortunate', wants fellow wrestlers to win medals at Rio
- Pained by death of his buddy 'Tiger', 26/11 canine hero Caesar goes into depression
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury