2,400 children suffer from malnutrition in Akola
Akola (Mah): More than 2,400 children are
suffering from malnutrition in Akola district of Maharashtra,
official sources said on Saturday.
Although malnutrition eradication programmes have been
implemented in the district the figures are alarming, they
Official sources said timely medical treatments and
nutritious diet would be provided to under nourished children
to improve their health under schemes through Rural Child
development Centres to tackle this problem which has taken
about 2403 kids in its grip in this district.
Javed Inamdar, Deputy Chief Executive Officer of Women
and Welfare department of Akola Zila Parishad said that action
will be taken against officers if they are found negligent in
implementation of the programmes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people