2,400 children suffer from malnutrition in Akola
Akola (Mah): More than 2,400 children are
suffering from malnutrition in Akola district of Maharashtra,
official sources said on Saturday.
Although malnutrition eradication programmes have been
implemented in the district the figures are alarming, they
Official sources said timely medical treatments and
nutritious diet would be provided to under nourished children
to improve their health under schemes through Rural Child
development Centres to tackle this problem which has taken
about 2403 kids in its grip in this district.
Javed Inamdar, Deputy Chief Executive Officer of Women
and Welfare department of Akola Zila Parishad said that action
will be taken against officers if they are found negligent in
implementation of the programmes.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India