2,400 children suffer from malnutrition in Akola
Akola (Mah): More than 2,400 children are
suffering from malnutrition in Akola district of Maharashtra,
official sources said on Saturday.
Although malnutrition eradication programmes have been
implemented in the district the figures are alarming, they
Official sources said timely medical treatments and
nutritious diet would be provided to under nourished children
to improve their health under schemes through Rural Child
development Centres to tackle this problem which has taken
about 2403 kids in its grip in this district.
Javed Inamdar, Deputy Chief Executive Officer of Women
and Welfare department of Akola Zila Parishad said that action
will be taken against officers if they are found negligent in
implementation of the programmes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends