26/11 anniversary: Peace march in Mumbai
Mumbai: Ahead of third anniversary of the 26/11 attacks, a peace march was held here on Sunday to pay tribute to the martyrs and victims of the attack.
Dressed in white clothes, hundreds of people including Bollywood playback singer Sonu Nigam, actor Suniel Shetty and wrestler Khali participated in the march that started from Nariman Point, opposite Hotel Trident, one of the terror affected sites, to Princess Street flyover.
Anti Terrorist Front(ATF) chief MS Bitta who organised the march said, "we intend to create awareness among the people. It is about remembering those who laid down their lives for the country and got killed. Mumbai is vulnerable to
terror attacks and might remain so in the future. We all need to join hands against terrorism.”
Bitta also demanded setting up of an anti-terrorist military court, saying it would help deal with the menace of terror and also prevent political interference in the
execution of death sentence awarded to terrorists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it