26/11 anniversary: Peace march in Mumbai
Mumbai: Ahead of third anniversary of the 26/11 attacks, a peace march was held here on Sunday to pay tribute to the martyrs and victims of the attack.
Dressed in white clothes, hundreds of people including Bollywood playback singer Sonu Nigam, actor Suniel Shetty and wrestler Khali participated in the march that started from Nariman Point, opposite Hotel Trident, one of the terror affected sites, to Princess Street flyover.
Anti Terrorist Front(ATF) chief MS Bitta who organised the march said, "we intend to create awareness among the people. It is about remembering those who laid down their lives for the country and got killed. Mumbai is vulnerable to
terror attacks and might remain so in the future. We all need to join hands against terrorism.”
Bitta also demanded setting up of an anti-terrorist military court, saying it would help deal with the menace of terror and also prevent political interference in the
execution of death sentence awarded to terrorists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?