26/11 anniversary: Peace march in Mumbai
Mumbai: Ahead of third anniversary of the 26/11 attacks, a peace march was held here on Sunday to pay tribute to the martyrs and victims of the attack.
Dressed in white clothes, hundreds of people including Bollywood playback singer Sonu Nigam, actor Suniel Shetty and wrestler Khali participated in the march that started from Nariman Point, opposite Hotel Trident, one of the terror affected sites, to Princess Street flyover.
Anti Terrorist Front(ATF) chief MS Bitta who organised the march said, "we intend to create awareness among the people. It is about remembering those who laid down their lives for the country and got killed. Mumbai is vulnerable to
terror attacks and might remain so in the future. We all need to join hands against terrorism.”
Bitta also demanded setting up of an anti-terrorist military court, saying it would help deal with the menace of terror and also prevent political interference in the
execution of death sentence awarded to terrorists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city