26/11 attack: School children, Mumbai police form human chain
Mumbai: Ahead of the first anniversary of
the November 26 terror attacks, over 5,000 schoolchildren
on Tuesday formed a human chain from suburban Bandra to Santacruz
to spread the message of peace and harmony.
The initiative was undertaken by the Mohalla committee
movement trust (MCTM) along with Mumbai Police formed a human
chain comprising schoolchildren to spread the message of peace
and to fight against terrorism.
Carrying banners and placards with messages on promoting
peace, they shouted slogans condemning the terror attacks on
the country`s financial capital.
"We want that everyone must believe in living together
happily and peacefully and must not take weapons in their
hands to spread terror," Shabnam Thakkar (13) from St Joseph
Children also raised slogans of `Hum Sab Ek Hain`,
`Support Peace, Harmony and Unity and not Terrorism`.
"It feels great to see young schoolchildren who are here
to spread message of peace by forming a human chain. This is
the need of the hour as we have to maintain `Aman` and
`Shanti` across the world," Mumbai Police Commissioner D
Executive chairman, MCTM, Julio Ribeiro said, "We must
try to reduce terrorism and human chain is one of our efforts
to promote communal harmony."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened