`26/11 braveheart constable to be shifted as per his wish`
Mumbai: President medal awardee constable Arun Jadhav, who was injured during the 26/11 terror attack, would be transferred to a posting of his choice, Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil said here on Tuesday.
The minister made the announcement in the Legislative Council after NCP member Kiran Pawaskar pointed out that Jadhav, who was earlier with the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS), was presently on bandobast duty at the Vidhan Bhavan.
"Even the Vidhan Bhavan duty is not a demeaning job, but I will anyways call Jadhav and transfer him as per his choice," Patil said.
Pawaskar said Jadhav, winner of Presidential gallantry medal for his conduct during the 26/11 terror attacks, was posted on security duty at the gates of the Vidhan Bhavan.
The NCP member said Jadhav should have been posted in the ATS or some other post, but senior officers chose to post him in the Armed Constabulary at Naigaon.
Later, Paswaskar took Jadhav to meet Patil and expressed the wish that he wanted to go back to ATS. Patil announced that he would be posted there.
Jadhav had sustained five bullet injuries in the police vehicle that was hijacked by Ajmal Kasab and his accomplice from near Cama Hospital and later left near Vidhan Bhavan complex.
He had informed the Police Control Room about the movement of terrorists which subsequently led to arrest of Kasab alive near Girgaum Chowpatty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?
- This herbal combo packs powerful punch against colon cancer
- Twist in tale! Lalit Modi to install son Ruchir as Rajasthan Cricket Association boss
- 225 killed or missing in China torrential rains; 2.5 lakh people trapped
- Elvis Presley almost choked himself to death with drugs