`26/11 braveheart constable to be shifted as per his wish`
Mumbai: President medal awardee constable Arun Jadhav, who was injured during the 26/11 terror attack, would be transferred to a posting of his choice, Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil said here on Tuesday.
The minister made the announcement in the Legislative Council after NCP member Kiran Pawaskar pointed out that Jadhav, who was earlier with the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS), was presently on bandobast duty at the Vidhan Bhavan.
"Even the Vidhan Bhavan duty is not a demeaning job, but I will anyways call Jadhav and transfer him as per his choice," Patil said.
Pawaskar said Jadhav, winner of Presidential gallantry medal for his conduct during the 26/11 terror attacks, was posted on security duty at the gates of the Vidhan Bhavan.
The NCP member said Jadhav should have been posted in the ATS or some other post, but senior officers chose to post him in the Armed Constabulary at Naigaon.
Later, Paswaskar took Jadhav to meet Patil and expressed the wish that he wanted to go back to ATS. Patil announced that he would be posted there.
Jadhav had sustained five bullet injuries in the police vehicle that was hijacked by Ajmal Kasab and his accomplice from near Cama Hospital and later left near Vidhan Bhavan complex.
He had informed the Police Control Room about the movement of terrorists which subsequently led to arrest of Kasab alive near Girgaum Chowpatty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi