26/11: Faheem Ansari remanded in judicial custody
Mumbai: Faheem Ansari, who was acquitted
in the 26/11 terror attack case, was today produced before a
sessions court which sent him to 14-day judicial custody.
The sessions court had on August 29 issued production
warrants against Faheem and Sabauddin as the Bombay High Court
had admitted the prosecution`s appeal against their acquittal
in the terror attack case.
Faheem and co-accused Sabauddin Ahmed, soon after
their acquittal in the 26/11 terror case in May, were
transferred to a jail in Uttar Pradesh in connection with a
case of firing at CRPF camp in Rampur.
Faheem was produced before Principal Judge of the
sessions court, M L Tahalayani, who was also the trial judge
in the 26/11 case.
The court remanded him to judicial custody for 14 days
and directed him to be lodged at Arthur Road jail in central
Mumbai. Sabauddin would be brought from Uttar Pradesh and
produced before the court after a few days.
The duo were accused of preparing maps of the city and
providing them to Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) operatives, who
allegedly perpetrated the attack on Mumbai.
While Faheem and Sabauddin were acquitted in the 26/11
case due to weak evidence, lone surviving Pakistani gunman
Ajmal Kasab was convicted and awarded the death penalty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video