26/11 hero`s daughter to join Sena youth wing
Mumbai: Divya, daughter of slain Mumbai Police officer Vijay Salaskar who was killed in the 26/11 terror attack, is likely to join Shiv Sena`s recently launched youth wing, a party leader said.
"Divya would be soon joining the Yuva Sena in presence of party executive president Uddhav Thackeray. There are some other youngsters also joining the party," a youth wing leader said confirming her entry.
She was supposed to join the party on Monday, but the programme has been postponed as all senior party leaders are busy with the Kalyan-Dombivali Municipal Corporation polls, the leader said.
When contacted, Divya refused to divulge details of her entry into Yuva Sena.
"I am still contemplating whether to join Yuva Sena. But if I join, everyone would come to know," she said.
Divya is recently back from London after successfully completing her MA in Human Resource Management from Westminster University.
Salaskar was killed in the 26/11 terror attacks on Mumbai while fighting terrorists near Kama hospital in south Mumbai.
Sena supremo Bal Thackeray launched the party`s youth wing which is headed by his grandson Aditya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- OMG! Hilarious bomb scare prank – Must Watch
- South Africa vs New Zealand, 2nd Test: Steyn, Philander strike after du Plessis ton as Proteas take control on Day 2
- Rio Olympics medallist Sakshi Malik to tie the knot soon: Report
- MPCA to decide on holding elections in Monday's AGM
- The solar system is home to millions of Jupiter-like planets, reveals NASA!