26/11 hero`s daughter to join Sena youth wing
Mumbai: Divya, daughter of slain Mumbai Police officer Vijay Salaskar who was killed in the 26/11 terror attack, is likely to join Shiv Sena`s recently launched youth wing, a party leader said.
"Divya would be soon joining the Yuva Sena in presence of party executive president Uddhav Thackeray. There are some other youngsters also joining the party," a youth wing leader said confirming her entry.
She was supposed to join the party on Monday, but the programme has been postponed as all senior party leaders are busy with the Kalyan-Dombivali Municipal Corporation polls, the leader said.
When contacted, Divya refused to divulge details of her entry into Yuva Sena.
"I am still contemplating whether to join Yuva Sena. But if I join, everyone would come to know," she said.
Divya is recently back from London after successfully completing her MA in Human Resource Management from Westminster University.
Salaskar was killed in the 26/11 terror attacks on Mumbai while fighting terrorists near Kama hospital in south Mumbai.
Sena supremo Bal Thackeray launched the party`s youth wing which is headed by his grandson Aditya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!