26/11 hero`s daughter to join Sena youth wing
Mumbai: Divya, daughter of slain Mumbai Police officer Vijay Salaskar who was killed in the 26/11 terror attack, is likely to join Shiv Sena`s recently launched youth wing, a party leader said.
"Divya would be soon joining the Yuva Sena in presence of party executive president Uddhav Thackeray. There are some other youngsters also joining the party," a youth wing leader said confirming her entry.
She was supposed to join the party on Monday, but the programme has been postponed as all senior party leaders are busy with the Kalyan-Dombivali Municipal Corporation polls, the leader said.
When contacted, Divya refused to divulge details of her entry into Yuva Sena.
"I am still contemplating whether to join Yuva Sena. But if I join, everyone would come to know," she said.
Divya is recently back from London after successfully completing her MA in Human Resource Management from Westminster University.
Salaskar was killed in the 26/11 terror attacks on Mumbai while fighting terrorists near Kama hospital in south Mumbai.
Sena supremo Bal Thackeray launched the party`s youth wing which is headed by his grandson Aditya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez