‘26/11 terror attack was meticulously planned’
New Delhi: Mohd Ajmal Amir Kasab`s confession
coupled with the intercepted conversation between the 26/11
Mumbai terror attack executors and their Pakistani handlers
prove that the assault on the commercial capital was a result
of a "meticulous" planning across the border, the Supreme
Court was told on Wednesday.
Prosecutors said the terror attack on Mumbai was
"skillfully" executed and the recoveries made during the
course of investigation showed it was planned by Pakistani
handlers in a long meeting.
"The handlers and ten terrorists had a long meeting before
the attack as it is evident from the confession of Kasab as
well as from the telephonic conversation intercepted by the
Mumbai Police," former Solicitor General Gopal Subramaniam and
Special Public Prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam submitted to a bench of
justices Aftab Alam and CK Prasad.
While seeking the apex court`s endorsement of the death
sentence awarded to 24-year-old Kasab, the advocates, who were
appearing for the Maharashtra government, said conversations
among the terrorists and their handlers were intercepted by
the Mumbai Police when Hotel Taj, Nariman House and Hotel
Oberoi Trident were attacked.
Kasab is the sole convict of the carnage in which 166
people were killed.
The counsel said four terrorists from Hotel Taj, two from
Nariman House and two from Hotel Oberoi Trident were
interacting with their handlers in Pakistan and each of the
ten terrorists had the mobile phones of the same company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'