‘26/11 terror attack was meticulously planned’
New Delhi: Mohd Ajmal Amir Kasab`s confession
coupled with the intercepted conversation between the 26/11
Mumbai terror attack executors and their Pakistani handlers
prove that the assault on the commercial capital was a result
of a "meticulous" planning across the border, the Supreme
Court was told on Wednesday.
Prosecutors said the terror attack on Mumbai was
"skillfully" executed and the recoveries made during the
course of investigation showed it was planned by Pakistani
handlers in a long meeting.
"The handlers and ten terrorists had a long meeting before
the attack as it is evident from the confession of Kasab as
well as from the telephonic conversation intercepted by the
Mumbai Police," former Solicitor General Gopal Subramaniam and
Special Public Prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam submitted to a bench of
justices Aftab Alam and CK Prasad.
While seeking the apex court`s endorsement of the death
sentence awarded to 24-year-old Kasab, the advocates, who were
appearing for the Maharashtra government, said conversations
among the terrorists and their handlers were intercepted by
the Mumbai Police when Hotel Taj, Nariman House and Hotel
Oberoi Trident were attacked.
Kasab is the sole convict of the carnage in which 166
people were killed.
The counsel said four terrorists from Hotel Taj, two from
Nariman House and two from Hotel Oberoi Trident were
interacting with their handlers in Pakistan and each of the
ten terrorists had the mobile phones of the same company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!