‘26/11 terror attack was meticulously planned’
New Delhi: Mohd Ajmal Amir Kasab`s confession
coupled with the intercepted conversation between the 26/11
Mumbai terror attack executors and their Pakistani handlers
prove that the assault on the commercial capital was a result
of a "meticulous" planning across the border, the Supreme
Court was told on Wednesday.
Prosecutors said the terror attack on Mumbai was
"skillfully" executed and the recoveries made during the
course of investigation showed it was planned by Pakistani
handlers in a long meeting.
"The handlers and ten terrorists had a long meeting before
the attack as it is evident from the confession of Kasab as
well as from the telephonic conversation intercepted by the
Mumbai Police," former Solicitor General Gopal Subramaniam and
Special Public Prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam submitted to a bench of
justices Aftab Alam and CK Prasad.
While seeking the apex court`s endorsement of the death
sentence awarded to 24-year-old Kasab, the advocates, who were
appearing for the Maharashtra government, said conversations
among the terrorists and their handlers were intercepted by
the Mumbai Police when Hotel Taj, Nariman House and Hotel
Oberoi Trident were attacked.
Kasab is the sole convict of the carnage in which 166
people were killed.
The counsel said four terrorists from Hotel Taj, two from
Nariman House and two from Hotel Oberoi Trident were
interacting with their handlers in Pakistan and each of the
ten terrorists had the mobile phones of the same company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi