26/11 to have significance only if Kasab is hanged:
Mumbai: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena president Raj Thackeray on Friday said 26/11 will be an important date only if the lone terrorist captured during the Mumbai attacks Ajmal Kasab is hanged on that date.
"26/11 will have significance now only if Kasab is hanged on that day," Raj told reporters here.
He described Home Minister RR Patil and Leader of Opposition in the Legislative Assembly Eknath Khadse`s visit to Kasab in jail as "height of shamelessness".
To a query on a news report that Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan has agreed to be part of an entertainment event organised by a Pakistani channel in London on November 28, Raj said the actor`s movies should be boycotted.
"Only then these people will know the meaning of national
pride," he said.
Shiv Sena mouthpiece `Saamna` today carried a front page
news report about an alleged advertisement on the internet
which claims that Shahrukh Khan will participate in a charity
dinner organised by a London-based Pakistani channel.
The newspaper also criticised the actor for his
`pro-Pakistani` stance saying that he had not changed despite
Shiv Sena`s campaign against him for comments supporting
inclusion of Pakistani players in the IPL.
However, sources close to the actor said Shahrukh is in
Berlin shooting for Farhan Akhtar`s `Don 2`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation