3 from Jharkhand arrested for kidnapping teenagers
Thane: Police here have arrested three persons hailing from Jharkhand who allegedly kidnapped three teenagers from that state and forced them into stealing
at crowded places in Kalyan and surrounding areas here.
PSI S S Shirke, of the Bazarpeth Police station in Kalyan said that the trio picked up the hapless children and threatened to kill their parents if they do not follow their
The police said that children were abducted from Maharajpur of Kalyani taluka of Jharkhand and brought to Kalyan some days back. Here, they were forced into stealing mobile phones and pickpocketing. Part of the money received through the stealing was shared with the children.
The police have arrested Vishal Mahto (21); Raju Tamed (22) and Vicky Mahato (19) under sections 363 (a)(1) of the IPC and a police team from Kalyan has gone to Jharkhand for further investigation.
The three children have been rescued and would be sent to their village in Jharkhand, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 2,000 migrants rescued from Mediterranean: Italian coast guard
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal along with a likely 10-member cabinet to take oath today
- Know how long Sonu Nigam sang on the streets for the ‘beggar’ video
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- Louis van Gaal axed by Manchester United as Jose Mourinho waits in wings