30 held for vandalising offices of `The Week` mag
Mumbai: 30 people, including Shiv Sena corporator Kishori Pednekar, were on Thursday arrested for allegedly vandalising the office of `The Week` news magazine and injuring three employees over regularising the services of some workers.
According to police, 30 people, including Pednekar, her party workers and some others employed through a job consultant at the magazine`s circulation and marketing office in Peninsula Park at Lower Parel, ransacked the reception area.
Three senior employees of the weekly magazine were manhandled by the protesters, police said.
According to police, 38 workers, employed through a job consultant, had been demanding that they be absorbed in the magazine`s service. The organisation had been paying salaries to those workers through the consultant.
The workers are demanding that their services be regularised and the matter is pending in the industrial court.
Senior General Manager of the magazine Srikumar Menon said that one of the employees whose service has been terminated has moved the court where the matter is pending.
However, a group of people today created a scene in the office and also assaulted Circulation Manager Geogi Zackahria, demanding that the employee be reinstated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'