30 held for vandalising offices of `The Week` mag
Mumbai: 30 people, including Shiv Sena corporator Kishori Pednekar, were on Thursday arrested for allegedly vandalising the office of `The Week` news magazine and injuring three employees over regularising the services of some workers.
According to police, 30 people, including Pednekar, her party workers and some others employed through a job consultant at the magazine`s circulation and marketing office in Peninsula Park at Lower Parel, ransacked the reception area.
Three senior employees of the weekly magazine were manhandled by the protesters, police said.
According to police, 38 workers, employed through a job consultant, had been demanding that they be absorbed in the magazine`s service. The organisation had been paying salaries to those workers through the consultant.
The workers are demanding that their services be regularised and the matter is pending in the industrial court.
Senior General Manager of the magazine Srikumar Menon said that one of the employees whose service has been terminated has moved the court where the matter is pending.
However, a group of people today created a scene in the office and also assaulted Circulation Manager Geogi Zackahria, demanding that the employee be reinstated.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India