30-year-old woman gang-raped in Mumbai
Mumbai: A 30-year-old married woman was allegedly gang-raped by five persons in her shanty next to railway tracks at Matunga in Central Mumbai, police said on Saturday.
Two of the seven persons involved in the rape and attack on her husband last night were known to the couple, they said, adding an FIR was registered at the Dadar Government Railway Police (GRP) station and later transferred to Matunga police station.
The victim grows vegetables on a small patch of land adjoining the railway tracks at Matunga, police said.
According to the woman`s statement, two of the accused, Siddhu (20) and Anup (22), were known to the couple for the past three years.
"On Friday around 11:30 PM, five persons barged into our shanty when we were asleep. They dragged my husband out when Siddhu and Anup started thrashing him while the five others raped me one by one. The entire incident occurred between 11:30 PM to 1:30 AM," police said quoting the victim`s statement.
An FIR under sections 323 (voluntarily causing hurt), 506 (criminal intimidation), 376 B (gang rape), 377 (unnatural sex), 120 B (criminal conspiracy) and 34 (common intention) was registered against the accused after the couple approached police this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble