30-year-old woman gang-raped in Mumbai
Mumbai: A 30-year-old married woman was allegedly gang-raped by five persons in her shanty next to railway tracks at Matunga in Central Mumbai, police said on Saturday.
Two of the seven persons involved in the rape and attack on her husband last night were known to the couple, they said, adding an FIR was registered at the Dadar Government Railway Police (GRP) station and later transferred to Matunga police station.
The victim grows vegetables on a small patch of land adjoining the railway tracks at Matunga, police said.
According to the woman`s statement, two of the accused, Siddhu (20) and Anup (22), were known to the couple for the past three years.
"On Friday around 11:30 PM, five persons barged into our shanty when we were asleep. They dragged my husband out when Siddhu and Anup started thrashing him while the five others raped me one by one. The entire incident occurred between 11:30 PM to 1:30 AM," police said quoting the victim`s statement.
An FIR under sections 323 (voluntarily causing hurt), 506 (criminal intimidation), 376 B (gang rape), 377 (unnatural sex), 120 B (criminal conspiracy) and 34 (common intention) was registered against the accused after the couple approached police this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery