3,000 moved to safer places in Thane; 3 washed away in floods
Thane: Three persons were reportedly washed away in flood waters, while over 3,000 people were shifted to safer places as heavy rains disrupted normal life in Thane district on Friday.
More than 3,000 persons were shifted to safer places in the powerloom town of Bhiwandi shortly before midnight last night as incessant rains inundated several low-lying areas and flooded rivers, District Disaster Control Room said today.
In Dahanu, three persons were reportedly washed away in flood waters. They were identified as as Bablya Jivya Pilena, 50,
Kisna Devya Hadal, 27 and Dinesh Soni Chipad, 26. The control room, however, said they were yet to receive any information related to these people.
Other areas affected by rains Talasari, Jawhar, Kalyan and Ulhasnagar, among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray