34 district consumer forums in Maha lying defunct
Mumbai: Thirty-four district consumer forums out of the 42 across Maharashtra are lying defunct as the term of the presidents or members have expired and their posts are lying vacant.
Officials in the State Consumer Commission said though the process of appointment (of new president and members) has started, it will take at least two more months to complete it.
As a stop gap arrangement, the commission had given charge of duties of the vacant forums to nearby forums.
The in-charge list was issued only after a consumer, Gorahanath Shinde, through his advocate Madhukar Jadhav, approached the commission stating that his complaint was not accepted by the DCF of Thane, as the post of president was vacant.
According to Jadhav, when he went to file a complaint last month and sought some urgent relief the registrar turned down the prayer.
"The registrar told us that he cannot receive the complaint," said Jadhav, who later approached the commission.
The forums where posts are lying vacant include district forums of Thane, Central Mumbai and suburban Bandra, among others.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- Media house attacked over derogatory cartoon in Maharashtra