35 Congress men detained for disrupting hospital inauguration
Thane: Thirty five Congress workers were on Monday detained after they allegedly disrupted the inauguration of a hospital which was to be done by NCP leader Ganesh Naik in Navi Mumbai, police said.
Those detained included Navi Mumbai Congress Committee president Dashrath Bhagat, Thane Lok Sabha constituency unit president Nishan Bhagat, corporator Santosh Shetty and CIDCO director Namdeo Bhagat, they said.
"Today there was an inauguration of Meenatai Thackeray Hospital. There were around 35 Congress workers who were protesting at the gate of the hospital and were refusing to let the premises be inaugurated. They created ruckus there following which we had to detain 35 workers. But, we let them off later after giving a warning," Nerul police station inspector Nagraj Mazage said.
Meanwhile, a release issued by the Navi Mumbai city Congress Committee said the party workers were opposed to the inauguration of the hospital in Nerul and some projects at other places as they were "incomplete".
Naik, the Thane Guardian Minister, had planned the inauguration of the hospital at Nerul to take credit for the project, the release alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city