35 Congress men detained for disrupting hospital inauguration
Thane: Thirty five Congress workers were on Monday detained after they allegedly disrupted the inauguration of a hospital which was to be done by NCP leader Ganesh Naik in Navi Mumbai, police said.
Those detained included Navi Mumbai Congress Committee president Dashrath Bhagat, Thane Lok Sabha constituency unit president Nishan Bhagat, corporator Santosh Shetty and CIDCO director Namdeo Bhagat, they said.
"Today there was an inauguration of Meenatai Thackeray Hospital. There were around 35 Congress workers who were protesting at the gate of the hospital and were refusing to let the premises be inaugurated. They created ruckus there following which we had to detain 35 workers. But, we let them off later after giving a warning," Nerul police station inspector Nagraj Mazage said.
Meanwhile, a release issued by the Navi Mumbai city Congress Committee said the party workers were opposed to the inauguration of the hospital in Nerul and some projects at other places as they were "incomplete".
Naik, the Thane Guardian Minister, had planned the inauguration of the hospital at Nerul to take credit for the project, the release alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen