36,000 die in train mishaps in Mumbai in 10 yrs
Mumbai: Travelling by the crowded suburban
local trains here is increasingly turning out to be dangerous
with over 36,000 people dying on the tracks over the last ten
These shocking figures were revealed after an RTI
activist Chetan Kothari sought details from the Government
Railway Police (GRP) about the accidents that took place from
2002 till November 2011.
As many as 36,152 commuters died in various accidents on
both the Central and Western rail network while a total of
36,688 people were injured in this period.
The data has revealed that on an average over 3,500
people die on tracks every year in mishaps like crossing the
railway lines and falling down from running train among
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Indian cricketers are getting married in Twenty20 mode
- SDM report holds Ryan school guilty of Divyansh's death