388 villages in Thane expected to face water shortage
A total of 388 villages and 480 hamlets in the district are likely to face water shortage this summer, according to the officials.
The district administration has prepared a Rs 7.81 crore action plan to tackle the situation, sources said.
Water will have to be provided by tankers to 100 villages and 201 hamlets; where there are no motorable roads, water would be provided by bullock-carts.
Situation is expected to be most serious in Shahpur and Mokhada tehsils.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?