388 villages in Thane expected to face water shortage
A total of 388 villages and 480 hamlets in the district are likely to face water shortage this summer, according to the officials.
The district administration has prepared a Rs 7.81 crore action plan to tackle the situation, sources said.
Water will have to be provided by tankers to 100 villages and 201 hamlets; where there are no motorable roads, water would be provided by bullock-carts.
Situation is expected to be most serious in Shahpur and Mokhada tehsils.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie