388 villages in Thane expected to face water shortage
A total of 388 villages and 480 hamlets in the district are likely to face water shortage this summer, according to the officials.
The district administration has prepared a Rs 7.81 crore action plan to tackle the situation, sources said.
Water will have to be provided by tankers to 100 villages and 201 hamlets; where there are no motorable roads, water would be provided by bullock-carts.
Situation is expected to be most serious in Shahpur and Mokhada tehsils.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on