388 villages in Thane expected to face water shortage
A total of 388 villages and 480 hamlets in the district are likely to face water shortage this summer, according to the officials.
The district administration has prepared a Rs 7.81 crore action plan to tackle the situation, sources said.
Water will have to be provided by tankers to 100 villages and 201 hamlets; where there are no motorable roads, water would be provided by bullock-carts.
Situation is expected to be most serious in Shahpur and Mokhada tehsils.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi