388 villages in Thane expected to face water shortage
A total of 388 villages and 480 hamlets in the district are likely to face water shortage this summer, according to the officials.
The district administration has prepared a Rs 7.81 crore action plan to tackle the situation, sources said.
Water will have to be provided by tankers to 100 villages and 201 hamlets; where there are no motorable roads, water would be provided by bullock-carts.
Situation is expected to be most serious in Shahpur and Mokhada tehsils.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM