4 killed, 40 trapped in firecracker factory blast
Solapur: At least four women were burnt alive while another 40 were trapped as a fire broke out in a fire cracker factory in a village in this Maharashtra district on Monday, police said.
According to police official NN Dede of Mangalwedha sub-district police station, the blaze engulfed the premises of Sagar Fireworks in Bhalwani village around 5 pm.
Fire brigade and police rushed to the factory even as local villagers pitched in to fight the blaze which was spreading to nearby sheds, Dede said.
"We have reports of at least four women having succumbed in the fire and villagers said another 40 workers are still trapped inside the factory. We are trying to search and rescue them," Dede told IANS.
The officials managed to rescue eight workers who sustained severe burn injuries and have been rushed to nearby hospitals. The cause of the fire is not clear yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog