4 more held for acid attack on real estate agent
Mumbai: Four more persons were arrested in connection with last month`s acid attack on a real estate agent here that left him blind, taking the total number of arrests in the case to six, police said.
A manhunt has been launched to nab the main culprit, a builder by profession, they said.
The four accused identified as Balchandra Swamy (30), Sandeep More (25), Vikas Gidde (26) and Vikas Shrivastav (25) were arrested today from the city, police said adding that their employer Mahesh Pongurlekar, owner of P M Developers, was still absconding.
Yesterday, cops had arrested Manohar Patel and Mukesh Rikame in this case. All the accused were today produced before a local court, which remanded them in police custody till July 21, police said.
The victim, Goregaon resident and real estate agent Doodhnath Verma (50), was kidnapped, robbed, assaulted and left in a forest near Mira Road on June 18 after they allegedly poured acid into his eyes.
The cause for the abduction was a dispute related to the development of a property in Kanyapada area of Goregaon. The victim was creating trouble for the developer, who had decided to kidnap Verma and teach him a lesson, police said.
The case was registered at the Kashimira police station in neighbouring Thane district, and later transferred to Vanrai police in the city.
"The six abducted the victim from suburban Goregaon as per the instructions of Pongurlekar," said an officer at the police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss