4 more held for acid attack on real estate agent
Mumbai: Four more persons were arrested in connection with last month`s acid attack on a real estate agent here that left him blind, taking the total number of arrests in the case to six, police said.
A manhunt has been launched to nab the main culprit, a builder by profession, they said.
The four accused identified as Balchandra Swamy (30), Sandeep More (25), Vikas Gidde (26) and Vikas Shrivastav (25) were arrested today from the city, police said adding that their employer Mahesh Pongurlekar, owner of P M Developers, was still absconding.
Yesterday, cops had arrested Manohar Patel and Mukesh Rikame in this case. All the accused were today produced before a local court, which remanded them in police custody till July 21, police said.
The victim, Goregaon resident and real estate agent Doodhnath Verma (50), was kidnapped, robbed, assaulted and left in a forest near Mira Road on June 18 after they allegedly poured acid into his eyes.
The cause for the abduction was a dispute related to the development of a property in Kanyapada area of Goregaon. The victim was creating trouble for the developer, who had decided to kidnap Verma and teach him a lesson, police said.
The case was registered at the Kashimira police station in neighbouring Thane district, and later transferred to Vanrai police in the city.
"The six abducted the victim from suburban Goregaon as per the instructions of Pongurlekar," said an officer at the police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands