40 injured on collision of locomotive and train
Jalna: At least 40 passengers were injured on Thursday when a defunct locomotive collided with the stationary Nagarsol-Nanded passenger train in Jalna district of Maharashtra, railway officials said.
The incident took place when the engine of the passenger train developed a technical snag between Satona and Osmanpur railway stations, following which another locomotive was dispatched from Parbhani, they said.
However, when the engine was being attached to the stationary train, the pilot could not stop it, reportedly due to failure of brakes, as a result of which it hit the train, the authorities said, adding a few bogies of the passenger train got derailed due to the impact.
The injured were rushed to hospitals in Sellu and Jalna.
Meanwhile, the railway traffic on the route remained out of gear for nearly two hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice