40 injured on collision of locomotive and train
Jalna: At least 40 passengers were injured on Thursday when a defunct locomotive collided with the stationary Nagarsol-Nanded passenger train in Jalna district of Maharashtra, railway officials said.
The incident took place when the engine of the passenger train developed a technical snag between Satona and Osmanpur railway stations, following which another locomotive was dispatched from Parbhani, they said.
However, when the engine was being attached to the stationary train, the pilot could not stop it, reportedly due to failure of brakes, as a result of which it hit the train, the authorities said, adding a few bogies of the passenger train got derailed due to the impact.
The injured were rushed to hospitals in Sellu and Jalna.
Meanwhile, the railway traffic on the route remained out of gear for nearly two hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!