40 injured on collision of locomotive and train
Jalna: At least 40 passengers were injured on Thursday when a defunct locomotive collided with the stationary Nagarsol-Nanded passenger train in Jalna district of Maharashtra, railway officials said.
The incident took place when the engine of the passenger train developed a technical snag between Satona and Osmanpur railway stations, following which another locomotive was dispatched from Parbhani, they said.
However, when the engine was being attached to the stationary train, the pilot could not stop it, reportedly due to failure of brakes, as a result of which it hit the train, the authorities said, adding a few bogies of the passenger train got derailed due to the impact.
The injured were rushed to hospitals in Sellu and Jalna.
Meanwhile, the railway traffic on the route remained out of gear for nearly two hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender