41-yr-old man held for photographing Devlali Air Force station
Nashik (Maha): A 41-year-old resident of Navi Mumbai was apprehended by the security at the South Devlali Air Force Station here after he was found moving about in a suspicious manner and clicking photos of the prohibited area, police said on Tuesday.
Shabbir Harun Sheikh (41), a resident of Room No.942, Sector No.7, of Koparkhairne at Navi Mumbai, was produced before a local court and remanded to police custody till Sept. 16, Nashik Road police said.
He was held in the afternoon yesterday for moving about in a suspicious manner and clicking photographs using his camera phone at the defence installation.
According to police, the accused had boarded a bus to South Devlali from Nashik at around 12 P.M. On Sept. 8 to reach the air force station where he entered prohibited areas and took photographs.
But security there noticed his suspicious activities and took him into custody. He was later handed over to Devlali Camp police.
Police seized a two mobile phones, a SIM card, a photocopy of an Aadhar card, a Union Bank of India debit card, a city bus ticket, a train ticket from Thane to Nashik and other documents from him.
The Air Force Station`s security officer, Squadron Leader Vijay Kale, has lodged a complaint in the matter with Devlali police.
A case against the accused has been registered under Section 451 of the Indian Penal Code and Sections 3 and 7 of the Indian Official Secrets Act, 1923.
An inquiry is on to ascertain his intentions and check if the accused has any links with terrorists, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Fiji military chief visits New Zealand for rebuilding of links between the armed forces
- Olympic flag arrives in Tokyo, host city of 2020 Summer Olympics
- Any talks on Kashmir must include Pakistan: Hurriyat Conference's Mirwaiz Umar Farooq
- Janmashtami special—Celebrate Krishna's birth with these top 5 Bollywood tracks!
- Prevent abdominal aortic rupture – Drink green tea!