50 injured in communal clashes at Dhule
Mumbai: At least 50 people including some policemen were injured after clashes broke out on Sunday between members of two communities at Dhule in north Maharashtra, official sources said.
The violence started at a hotel over a trivial matter and spread to Machibazar and Madhavpura areas of the city, they said, adding police used water cannons to disperse the mob.
Guardian minister for Dhule district Suresh Shetty said around 50 people including some policemen were injured in the clashes. The situation there is tense but under control.
When contacted, Shiv Sena MLA from Dhule Sharad Patil told PTI that a police sub-inspector and an assistant police inspector were among those injured.
35-year-old youth Kailash Waghare was seriously injured in the incident after being hit by a bullet and admitted to a local hospital, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh