50 injured in communal clashes at Dhule
Mumbai: At least 50 people including some policemen were injured after clashes broke out on Sunday between members of two communities at Dhule in north Maharashtra, official sources said.
The violence started at a hotel over a trivial matter and spread to Machibazar and Madhavpura areas of the city, they said, adding police used water cannons to disperse the mob.
Guardian minister for Dhule district Suresh Shetty said around 50 people including some policemen were injured in the clashes. The situation there is tense but under control.
When contacted, Shiv Sena MLA from Dhule Sharad Patil told PTI that a police sub-inspector and an assistant police inspector were among those injured.
35-year-old youth Kailash Waghare was seriously injured in the incident after being hit by a bullet and admitted to a local hospital, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal