50 injured in communal clashes at Dhule
Mumbai: At least 50 people including some policemen were injured after clashes broke out on Sunday between members of two communities at Dhule in north Maharashtra, official sources said.
The violence started at a hotel over a trivial matter and spread to Machibazar and Madhavpura areas of the city, they said, adding police used water cannons to disperse the mob.
Guardian minister for Dhule district Suresh Shetty said around 50 people including some policemen were injured in the clashes. The situation there is tense but under control.
When contacted, Shiv Sena MLA from Dhule Sharad Patil told PTI that a police sub-inspector and an assistant police inspector were among those injured.
35-year-old youth Kailash Waghare was seriously injured in the incident after being hit by a bullet and admitted to a local hospital, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers