50 injured in communal clashes at Dhule
Mumbai: At least 50 people including some policemen were injured after clashes broke out on Sunday between members of two communities at Dhule in north Maharashtra, official sources said.
The violence started at a hotel over a trivial matter and spread to Machibazar and Madhavpura areas of the city, they said, adding police used water cannons to disperse the mob.
Guardian minister for Dhule district Suresh Shetty said around 50 people including some policemen were injured in the clashes. The situation there is tense but under control.
When contacted, Shiv Sena MLA from Dhule Sharad Patil told PTI that a police sub-inspector and an assistant police inspector were among those injured.
35-year-old youth Kailash Waghare was seriously injured in the incident after being hit by a bullet and admitted to a local hospital, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed