5th arrest in Pune blast case, IM planned fidayeen
New Delhi: Indian Mujahideen terrorists were planning to carry out a `fidayeen` attack at Bihar`s Bodh Gaya to avenge "atrocities" against Muslims in Myanmar, Delhi Police today claimed after arresting a fifth man in connection with Pune serial blasts this August.
Sayed Maqbool, a resident of Maharashtra`s Nanded whom police claimed is the district president of All India Majlis Itehad-ul Muslimeen which has an MP in Lok Sabha, was apprehended from Hyderabad on October 23, SN Srivastava, Special Commissioner of Police (Special Cell), said.
Maqbool, a fruitseller who allegedly taught suspected IM terrorists on how to make IEDs, is the fifth person to be arrested in connection with the August Pune blasts 1 to avenge the killing of operative Qateel Siddique in Yerwada Jail.
"Maqbool was in close association with the four others -- Asad Khan, IUmran Khan, Sayed Feroz and Langde Irfan Mustafa -- who were arrested and together they planned to commit fidayeen attacks on Buddhist shrines in Bodh Gaya," Srivastava claimed.
The suspected terrorists had got the approval of IM`s Riyaz Bhatkal, a fugitive believed to be in Pakistan, for carrying out the attack as a "retaliation to the alleged atrocities on Muslims in Myanmar", he claimed.
Maqbool first came in contact with Imran and later was introduced to the other members of the group. He allegedly taught them how to make IEDs using urea, diesel and fire cracker power at Asad`s farm house in Aurangabad, he said.
"In April this year, Imran introduced him to Bhatkal brothers. The gang had earlier discussed plans to carry out a fidayeen attack in Bodh Gaya. Since Bhatkals wanted to avenge the death of Siddiqui, they deicded to carry out the blast in Pune first," Srivastava said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Two dead, seven injured in stampede after fire in Murshidabad hospital
- RSS to start awareness campaign against changing name of WB
- What a pervert! Bijnor imam caught on camera during rape – Watch shocking video
- Defender Cedric Soares renews contract with Southampton until 2020
- Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu, Dipa Karmakar, Pullela Gopichand to be gifted BMW cars