60 % voting in local body elections in Maha
Mumbai: Over 60 percent voters exercised their franchise in the elections held on Sunday for five municipal corporations in Maharashtra, officials said.
Voting was held for the municipal corporations at Latur, Chandrapur, Parbhani, Malegaon and Bhiwandi-Nizampur.
Counting of votes will be taken up tomorrow.
There were no alliances and parties like Congress, NCP, Shiv Sena and BJP fought the elections separately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM