60-yr-old man gets ten years in jail for drug possession
Mumbai: A 60-year-old man, who was found
in possession of narcotics worth Rs nine crore in 2007, was
on Tuesday sentenced to ten years in jail by a special court here.
Special Judge D R Shirsao found Ghulam Mohammad Shaikh
guilty under the Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances
Act (NDPS) and also imposed a fine of Rs one lakh.
According to the prosecution, on June 1, 2007, the
police raided Shaikh`s house at suburban Mankhurd on a tip-
off and seized 90 kgs of drugs.
During investigations it was found that Shaikh was to
deliver the drugs to another person, identified as only
Ibrahim, for sale in the market.
The prosecution examined eight witnesses to prove its
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan