65 diamonds recovered from Opera House site
Mumbai: As many as 65 diamonds, estimated to
be worth Rs 25 crore, have been recovered from the Opera House
blast site by rescue workers while cleaning the streets strewn
"The workers yesterday recovered 65 diamonds during the
clearing work and the diamonds were later handed over to the
police," Mumbai Diamond Merchants` Association member Sanjay
The cost of these diamonds is estimated to be around Rs
25 crore, he added.
Opera House, the country`s largest diamond hub, was
targeted in the 13/7 serial bomb blasts.
"We believe that these diamonds might be belonging to the
traders hailing from Gujarat, who come here for trading. Small
traders from Surat and Bhavnagar bring the diamonds from the
factories there to sell in Mumbai," Shah said.
He also said that many more such diamond pieces could
still be lying in the rubble.=
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list