65 diamonds recovered from Opera House site
Mumbai: As many as 65 diamonds, estimated to
be worth Rs 25 crore, have been recovered from the Opera House
blast site by rescue workers while cleaning the streets strewn
"The workers yesterday recovered 65 diamonds during the
clearing work and the diamonds were later handed over to the
police," Mumbai Diamond Merchants` Association member Sanjay
The cost of these diamonds is estimated to be around Rs
25 crore, he added.
Opera House, the country`s largest diamond hub, was
targeted in the 13/7 serial bomb blasts.
"We believe that these diamonds might be belonging to the
traders hailing from Gujarat, who come here for trading. Small
traders from Surat and Bhavnagar bring the diamonds from the
factories there to sell in Mumbai," Shah said.
He also said that many more such diamond pieces could
still be lying in the rubble.=
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital