65 diamonds recovered from Opera House site
Mumbai: As many as 65 diamonds, estimated to
be worth Rs 25 crore, have been recovered from the Opera House
blast site by rescue workers while cleaning the streets strewn
"The workers yesterday recovered 65 diamonds during the
clearing work and the diamonds were later handed over to the
police," Mumbai Diamond Merchants` Association member Sanjay
The cost of these diamonds is estimated to be around Rs
25 crore, he added.
Opera House, the country`s largest diamond hub, was
targeted in the 13/7 serial bomb blasts.
"We believe that these diamonds might be belonging to the
traders hailing from Gujarat, who come here for trading. Small
traders from Surat and Bhavnagar bring the diamonds from the
factories there to sell in Mumbai," Shah said.
He also said that many more such diamond pieces could
still be lying in the rubble.=
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack