65 diamonds recovered from Opera House site
Mumbai: As many as 65 diamonds, estimated to
be worth Rs 25 crore, have been recovered from the Opera House
blast site by rescue workers while cleaning the streets strewn
"The workers yesterday recovered 65 diamonds during the
clearing work and the diamonds were later handed over to the
police," Mumbai Diamond Merchants` Association member Sanjay
The cost of these diamonds is estimated to be around Rs
25 crore, he added.
Opera House, the country`s largest diamond hub, was
targeted in the 13/7 serial bomb blasts.
"We believe that these diamonds might be belonging to the
traders hailing from Gujarat, who come here for trading. Small
traders from Surat and Bhavnagar bring the diamonds from the
factories there to sell in Mumbai," Shah said.
He also said that many more such diamond pieces could
still be lying in the rubble.=
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand