65 per cent polling in Chandgad Assembly by-poll in Maharashtra
Mumbai: About 65 per cent of the voters cast their votes in the by-election for the Chandgad Assembly held on Sunday.
"Final figures of the voting percentage are still being worked out. Approximately 65 per cent voters exercised their franchise," officials said.
Counting of votes will be taken up on February 28.
The by-election saw a triangular contest between Nationalist Congress party candidate Sandhyadevi Kupekar, wife of late Babasaheb Kupekar, Shiv Sena candidate Sunil Arjun Shintre and Rajenda Shamrao Gaddyanwar of Swabhimani Shetkari Sanghatana.
The by-election was necessitated due to the death of former Assembly speaker Babasaheb Kupekar. He passed away on September 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!