65 per cent polling in Chandgad Assembly by-poll in Maharashtra
Mumbai: About 65 per cent of the voters cast their votes in the by-election for the Chandgad Assembly held on Sunday.
"Final figures of the voting percentage are still being worked out. Approximately 65 per cent voters exercised their franchise," officials said.
Counting of votes will be taken up on February 28.
The by-election saw a triangular contest between Nationalist Congress party candidate Sandhyadevi Kupekar, wife of late Babasaheb Kupekar, Shiv Sena candidate Sunil Arjun Shintre and Rajenda Shamrao Gaddyanwar of Swabhimani Shetkari Sanghatana.
The by-election was necessitated due to the death of former Assembly speaker Babasaheb Kupekar. He passed away on September 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah