65 per cent polling in Chandgad Assembly by-poll in Maharashtra
Mumbai: About 65 per cent of the voters cast their votes in the by-election for the Chandgad Assembly held on Sunday.
"Final figures of the voting percentage are still being worked out. Approximately 65 per cent voters exercised their franchise," officials said.
Counting of votes will be taken up on February 28.
The by-election saw a triangular contest between Nationalist Congress party candidate Sandhyadevi Kupekar, wife of late Babasaheb Kupekar, Shiv Sena candidate Sunil Arjun Shintre and Rajenda Shamrao Gaddyanwar of Swabhimani Shetkari Sanghatana.
The by-election was necessitated due to the death of former Assembly speaker Babasaheb Kupekar. He passed away on September 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui