68 Sena office-bearers resign in Nashik
Nashik: As many as 68 office-bearers of Nashik City Shiv Sena unit have resigned from the party in support of district chief Sunil Bagul who was reportedly expelled from the party, sources said on Thursday.
The party functionaries, including 43 office-bearers of women`s wing and 25 members of Vidyarthi Sena, have faxed their resignation letters to `Matoshree` apparently expressing anguish over the sacking.
Bagul was reportedly sacked from the party after he allegedly made disparaging remarks against some party members in a public rally two days back.
When contacted Bagul said he had not received any official communication so far from `Matoshree`, resident of party executive president Uddhav Thackeray in Mumbai.
"I saw the news of my expulsion on news channels. I am awaiting official communication from Shiv Sena", he said.
Bagul said he had discussed the matter with senior party leader Subhash Desai in Mumbai. "I am a born sainik and will continue in the party", he said, scotching the reports that he would be joining a rival party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagwant Mann smells of alcohol, can't sit next to him: Suspended AAP MP Harinder Khalsa
- Simply irresistible! You cannot take your eyes off majestic Priyanka Chopra on Flaunt cover- See it to believe it
- Varun Dhawan, Jacqueline and John Abraham run for their lives in new 'Dishoom' POSTER? Pic inside
- Ruling due on whether IMF chief to face trial in France
- Vodafone reports better-than-expected 2.2% rise in Q1 revenue