68 Sena office-bearers resign in Nashik
Nashik: As many as 68 office-bearers of Nashik City Shiv Sena unit have resigned from the party in support of district chief Sunil Bagul who was reportedly expelled from the party, sources said on Thursday.
The party functionaries, including 43 office-bearers of women`s wing and 25 members of Vidyarthi Sena, have faxed their resignation letters to `Matoshree` apparently expressing anguish over the sacking.
Bagul was reportedly sacked from the party after he allegedly made disparaging remarks against some party members in a public rally two days back.
When contacted Bagul said he had not received any official communication so far from `Matoshree`, resident of party executive president Uddhav Thackeray in Mumbai.
"I saw the news of my expulsion on news channels. I am awaiting official communication from Shiv Sena", he said.
Bagul said he had discussed the matter with senior party leader Subhash Desai in Mumbai. "I am a born sainik and will continue in the party", he said, scotching the reports that he would be joining a rival party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez