68 Sena office-bearers resign in Nashik
Nashik: As many as 68 office-bearers of Nashik City Shiv Sena unit have resigned from the party in support of district chief Sunil Bagul who was reportedly expelled from the party, sources said on Thursday.
The party functionaries, including 43 office-bearers of women`s wing and 25 members of Vidyarthi Sena, have faxed their resignation letters to `Matoshree` apparently expressing anguish over the sacking.
Bagul was reportedly sacked from the party after he allegedly made disparaging remarks against some party members in a public rally two days back.
When contacted Bagul said he had not received any official communication so far from `Matoshree`, resident of party executive president Uddhav Thackeray in Mumbai.
"I saw the news of my expulsion on news channels. I am awaiting official communication from Shiv Sena", he said.
Bagul said he had discussed the matter with senior party leader Subhash Desai in Mumbai. "I am a born sainik and will continue in the party", he said, scotching the reports that he would be joining a rival party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley