7 Bangladeshi women held on prostitution charges
Nashik: Seven Bangladeshi women were
on Wednesday arrested for allegedly being part of a prostitution
racket that was operated from nearby Musalgaon industrial
area, police said.
The arrests were made after police had busted a flesh
trade racket from the area near Sinnar on Nashik-Pune highway
earlier this month and detained 41 girls, they said.
It was revealed during investigation that the arrested
girls are Bangladeshi nationals following which they were
formally arrested, police said, adding one of them is a minor
who was shifted to remand home.
Police had last week apprehended four Bangladeshi men
for illegally staying in India without passports and running a
human trafficking racket.
The women are identified as Ramoni Begam Jabarul
Shaikh alias Ramoni Afsar Mina Shaikh (24, resident of
Jadhabpur, Bangladesh), Begum Idadul Miritha alias Swati Badal
Shaikh (28), Parvin Din Hussain Shaikh alias Parvin Azad
Shaikh (25), Jalimmulla Bap Ahmedmulla alias Madhu Bikram
Bishyap (20), Ruma Shaikh Mitaur Shaikh alias Runa Mina Shaikh
(25), Nasrin Shaikh Sujan Shaikh alias Nasrin Tajali Shaikh
According to police, four of the seven women arrested
are wives of the Bangladeshi men nabbed last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29