7/11 blast accused withdraws bail plea after IG varsity report
Mumbai: Etheshyam Siddiqui, an accused in the 2006 serial train blasts case, has withdrawn his bail plea before the Bombay High Court after the Indira Gandhi Open University filed a report stating that an undertrial accused is not required to do field work to submit a project report.
The report was submitted to the court on Friday.
Siddiqui, who was arrested by the ATS for alleged involvement in hatching the conspiracy of 7/11 train blasts, is doing a course in Bachelors of Tourism while lodged at Arthur Road Jail in south central Mumbai.
While moving the bail application Adv Sharif Sheikh, representing an NGO Jamiat-Ulama-e-Maharashtra, which provides free legal aid to Muslim youths, had earlier urged the court to grant interim bail to enable the accused to submit a project by May 31.
He had enrolled in the course in 2010 and has completed two years. Earlier, he had completed his Human Rights diploma from Indira Gandhi National Open University.
Seven bombs went off in first class coaches of Mumbai`s suburban trains on July 11, 2006 killing 188 persons and injuring several others. Over a dozen persons have been arrested in connection with the serial blasts.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know