7.5 lakh autos in Maha to be off roads from Apr 16
Mumbai: The Sharad Rao-led autorickshaw
union today announced that 7.5 lakh autos will launch an
indefinite state-wide agitation from April 16 for their
demands, which include hike in the minimum fare.
"We want a new formula from the government. The CNG
rates have gone up. It has become a losing proposition to
drive an auto in face of rising inflation," Rao told PTI,
announcing the agitation.
Rao`s announcement came following the Bombay high
Court recently upholding the state government`s decision to
enforce mandatory electronic meters.
The union leaders met at Parel here today to work out
the modalities of the agitation seeking immediate hike in
Rao said he would approach the apex court over the
mandatory installation of e-meters, in an appeal against the
Rao`s Mumbai Autorickshaw Men`s Union had approached
HC, seeking a withdrawal of the state?s notification of
fitting mandatory e-meters from April 1 for three-wheelers.
The court had dismissed the petition, saying it did
not find any merit in the plea.
Rao said his union would go on an indefinite strike
from April 16 seeking a hike in the minimum fare from Rs 11 to
Rs 16 and from Rs 7 to 9 for every additional kilometre.
He demanded a hike on par with the fare in Delhi
(Rs19) and Bangalore (Rs 17). "We want the hike to be on par
with these two cities. In Mumbai, the cost of living is not
cheaper than that in these two cities so the autorickshaw fare
should be also be similar to that of these two other metros,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon