7,756 gram panchayats to go to polls on Sept 9
Mumbai: The Maharashtra Election Commission has announced elections to 7,756 gram panchayats in the state on September nine.
State Election Commissioner Neela Satyanarayan said the process of filing of nominations will begin from August 21 to 25.
"Scrutiny of papers will take place on August 27 and last date of withdrawal is August 29. The symbols will be alloted on that day itself," she added.
Counting of votes will take place on September 10. Polling will be through EVMs
Candidates will have to submit their list of expenses within 30 days of the completion of poll process, she said.
Giving a break up of the gram panchayats going to polls, She said 98 gram panchayats in Thane district, 247 in Raigad, 226 in Ratnagiri, 329 in Sindhudurg, 189 in Nashik, 210 in Ahmednagar, 108 in Dhule, 131 in Jalgaon, 53 in Nandurbar, 220 in Pune, 477 in Kolhapur and 459 in Sangli will elect new gram panchayat members.
Similarly, Satara (325), Solapur (194), Aurangabad (218), Beed (703), Hingoli (62), Jalna (285), Latur (353), Nanded (177), Osmanabad (165), Parbhani (125), Amravati (262), Akola (277), Buldhana (278), Washim (287), Yavatmal (100), Nagpur (246), Bhandara (380), Chandrapur (61), Gadchiroli (39),Gondia (357) and Wardha (115) will also go to polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations