7,756 gram panchayats to go to polls on Sept 9
Mumbai: The Maharashtra Election Commission has announced elections to 7,756 gram panchayats in the state on September nine.
State Election Commissioner Neela Satyanarayan said the process of filing of nominations will begin from August 21 to 25.
"Scrutiny of papers will take place on August 27 and last date of withdrawal is August 29. The symbols will be alloted on that day itself," she added.
Counting of votes will take place on September 10. Polling will be through EVMs
Candidates will have to submit their list of expenses within 30 days of the completion of poll process, she said.
Giving a break up of the gram panchayats going to polls, She said 98 gram panchayats in Thane district, 247 in Raigad, 226 in Ratnagiri, 329 in Sindhudurg, 189 in Nashik, 210 in Ahmednagar, 108 in Dhule, 131 in Jalgaon, 53 in Nandurbar, 220 in Pune, 477 in Kolhapur and 459 in Sangli will elect new gram panchayat members.
Similarly, Satara (325), Solapur (194), Aurangabad (218), Beed (703), Hingoli (62), Jalna (285), Latur (353), Nanded (177), Osmanabad (165), Parbhani (125), Amravati (262), Akola (277), Buldhana (278), Washim (287), Yavatmal (100), Nagpur (246), Bhandara (380), Chandrapur (61), Gadchiroli (39),Gondia (357) and Wardha (115) will also go to polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered