78 Bangladeshis arrested for illegal stay in India
Thane: 78 Bangladeshi nationals who were
staying in India illegally were arrested by the Crime Unit of
Thane police today early morning.
The operation was carried out at Manpada and Sonarpada
areas of Thane at 2 in the morning, police said, adding that
those arrested included 41 women, 27 men and 10 children.
The arrested persons had ration cards and other identity
documents, but not the visa/permits for living in India,
Yesterday, the police had arrested 11 Bangladeshis from
the city for the same reason.
Two persons, who acted as agents and had brought them to
Thane, which borders on Mumbai, fled.
All the arrested persons have been booked under the
Foreigners Act of 1946 and Passport Act of 1967.
In the last two months, Thane police have arrested more
than a hundred Bangladeshis for illegal stay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Merger with Samajwadi Party difficult, can forge alliance: Mukhtar Ansari
- Pakistan forces seal MQM party headquarters after TV station attack
- Suspended AAP MP Dharamvira Gandhi floats new front
- Now, get your email address in Hindi
- None of your concern, says Indian Army after China's warning over deployment of BrahMos missile in Arunachal