78 Bangladeshis arrested for illegal stay in India
Thane: 78 Bangladeshi nationals who were
staying in India illegally were arrested by the Crime Unit of
Thane police today early morning.
The operation was carried out at Manpada and Sonarpada
areas of Thane at 2 in the morning, police said, adding that
those arrested included 41 women, 27 men and 10 children.
The arrested persons had ration cards and other identity
documents, but not the visa/permits for living in India,
Yesterday, the police had arrested 11 Bangladeshis from
the city for the same reason.
Two persons, who acted as agents and had brought them to
Thane, which borders on Mumbai, fled.
All the arrested persons have been booked under the
Foreigners Act of 1946 and Passport Act of 1967.
In the last two months, Thane police have arrested more
than a hundred Bangladeshis for illegal stay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das