78 Bangladeshis arrested for illegal stay in India
Thane: 78 Bangladeshi nationals who were
staying in India illegally were arrested by the Crime Unit of
Thane police today early morning.
The operation was carried out at Manpada and Sonarpada
areas of Thane at 2 in the morning, police said, adding that
those arrested included 41 women, 27 men and 10 children.
The arrested persons had ration cards and other identity
documents, but not the visa/permits for living in India,
Yesterday, the police had arrested 11 Bangladeshis from
the city for the same reason.
Two persons, who acted as agents and had brought them to
Thane, which borders on Mumbai, fled.
All the arrested persons have been booked under the
Foreigners Act of 1946 and Passport Act of 1967.
In the last two months, Thane police have arrested more
than a hundred Bangladeshis for illegal stay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress plans nationwide media blitz against 2 years of NDA's 'misrule'; to release film, booklet
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- Supreme Court to hear Italian government's plea on marine today
- Aww! Nargis Fakhri is missing THESE guys and gals