78 Bangladeshis arrested for illegal stay in India
Thane: 78 Bangladeshi nationals who were
staying in India illegally were arrested by the Crime Unit of
Thane police today early morning.
The operation was carried out at Manpada and Sonarpada
areas of Thane at 2 in the morning, police said, adding that
those arrested included 41 women, 27 men and 10 children.
The arrested persons had ration cards and other identity
documents, but not the visa/permits for living in India,
Yesterday, the police had arrested 11 Bangladeshis from
the city for the same reason.
Two persons, who acted as agents and had brought them to
Thane, which borders on Mumbai, fled.
All the arrested persons have been booked under the
Foreigners Act of 1946 and Passport Act of 1967.
In the last two months, Thane police have arrested more
than a hundred Bangladeshis for illegal stay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir