78 Bangladeshis arrested for illegal stay in India
Thane: 78 Bangladeshi nationals who were
staying in India illegally were arrested by the Crime Unit of
Thane police today early morning.
The operation was carried out at Manpada and Sonarpada
areas of Thane at 2 in the morning, police said, adding that
those arrested included 41 women, 27 men and 10 children.
The arrested persons had ration cards and other identity
documents, but not the visa/permits for living in India,
Yesterday, the police had arrested 11 Bangladeshis from
the city for the same reason.
Two persons, who acted as agents and had brought them to
Thane, which borders on Mumbai, fled.
All the arrested persons have been booked under the
Foreigners Act of 1946 and Passport Act of 1967.
In the last two months, Thane police have arrested more
than a hundred Bangladeshis for illegal stay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees