8 supporters of BJP MLA arrested for rioting
Mumbai: Eight supporters of BJP MLA
Prakash Shendge were on Thursday arrested on charges of rioting and
assaulting five bank employees, including an officer and a
cop, over a property related issue at Worli in central Mumbai.
Armed with a court order, five bank employees of
Sangli Bank went to the flat belonging to Shendge in Sukhada
building in Worli to declare that the apartment could be
auctioned by the bank as the MLA had not cleared over Rs 10
crore of arrears despite reminders, police said.
The five employees were provided security when they
went to the flat, police said adding over 70 to 80 workers of
the MLA have begun arguing with the bank employees and
assaulted them with bamboos.
The bank employees and a constable were injured in the
incident, police said adding the accused were booked for
rioting, assault and unlawful assembly.
Distancing himself from the incident, Shendge, who
represents Jat assembly constituency in Sangli, said "the
entire episode was a political conspiracy."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list