AAP activist attacked in Mumbai by unidentified biker
Mumbai: An unidentified person on Friday attacked a female activist of Aam Aadmi Party in suburban Amboli here.
Police said Pushpa Rawat (23) was on her way to a nearby temple when a biker rode up along her side and attacked her with a blunt object before fleeing.
"As per her complaint, the incident took place between 7:45 am and 8 am and the assailant before fleeing away shouted `Bharat Mata ki Jai`," said a police officer.
Rawat, a part of `Nukkad Natak` (street play) group from Delhi, was rushed to a nearby hospital and was discharged after first-aid.
The police said they had registered a case under section 307 (attempt to murder) and 324 (causing hurt) of IPC against an unnamed person.
Though the police ruled out robbery as the motive, CCTV footage in the area would be examined, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre