AAP activist attacked in Mumbai by unidentified biker
Mumbai: An unidentified person on Friday attacked a female activist of Aam Aadmi Party in suburban Amboli here.
Police said Pushpa Rawat (23) was on her way to a nearby temple when a biker rode up along her side and attacked her with a blunt object before fleeing.
"As per her complaint, the incident took place between 7:45 am and 8 am and the assailant before fleeing away shouted `Bharat Mata ki Jai`," said a police officer.
Rawat, a part of `Nukkad Natak` (street play) group from Delhi, was rushed to a nearby hospital and was discharged after first-aid.
The police said they had registered a case under section 307 (attempt to murder) and 324 (causing hurt) of IPC against an unnamed person.
Though the police ruled out robbery as the motive, CCTV footage in the area would be examined, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem