AAP asks Sachin not to associate with MCA`s Kandivali Club
Mumbai: Days after the Mumbai Cricket Association decided to name its Kandivali Club after master blaster Sachin Tendulkar, the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) asked the star batsman not to associate himself with the proposal.
"The AAP is distressed with Sachin Tendulkar`s association with MCA`s Kandivli Club which is mired in corruption. AAP Mumbai Committee members delivered Maharashtra Convenor Anjali Damania`s letter to Sachin Tendulkar`s residence requesting him to not smear his name with this shameful association," a party release said.
Damania wrote to Tendulkar: "You are India`s biggest icon, every Indian`s heart beats for you and you are the symbol of our aspirations and our pride.”
"It is with extreme disappointment we`ve learned that your name will be associated with the MCA Club in Kandivali which is a symbol of shameless loot by politicians of national resource, a symbol of how even the smallest joys of the poor are looted to benefit already fat purses.”
"Your association with this club will shake the very foundations of whatever little hope that is left in the nation," she said.
"Aam Aadmi Party entreats you to not associate your blessed name with the MCA club which has blatantly stolen a playground of Mumbai`s children and made it into a swank club for the rich and famous," she wrote.
"A Mumbaiker yourself, you know how our children are forced to play cricket in gullies, incurring the wrath of many broken windows. Almost all playgrounds have been stolen by politicians who make swank facilities with prohibitive entry costs.”
"We have nothing against luxurious clubs - but they should be made on commercial land, not land stolen from our children," she said, adding, that the AAP had also filed a PIL against the club.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India