AAP office attack: 24 NCP men sent in judicial remand
Mumbai: Twenty four NCP activists arrested for allegedly vandalising the Aam Aadmi Party`s office in suburban Andheri were today produced before a court here which remanded them in judicial custody.
Meanwhile, AAP leader Mayank Gandhi, who was detained at MIDC police station yesterday, was released late last night.
According to Andheri police, 24 activists including Prithiviraj Maske (north-west district NCP president) and Amol Matele (president of NCP students` wing), who were arrested yesterday, were produced before a holiday court which remanded them in judicial custody.
The accused applied for bail, but the court kept the hearing for tomorrow, making them to spend a night in Arthur Road jail.
The group allegedly entered the second floor of AAP office at Chakala and tore up and burnt the posters of Arvind Kejriwal around 2.30 PM yesterday. They also burnt Kejriwal`s effigy. Later, the NCP workers were held by Andheri police.
Following the attack, AAP leader Mayank Gandhi along with his associates was heading for the NCP office in suburban Juhu to lodge a protest when he was detained for several hours by MIDC police station before being released late last night.
The attack comes three days after AAP leader Anjali Damania targeted senior NCP leader and Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, saying that Mumbai citizens were paying high electricity charges due to corruption and inefficiency of the state power ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog