AAP office attack: 24 NCP men sent in judicial remand
Mumbai: Twenty four NCP activists arrested for allegedly vandalising the Aam Aadmi Party`s office in suburban Andheri were today produced before a court here which remanded them in judicial custody.
Meanwhile, AAP leader Mayank Gandhi, who was detained at MIDC police station yesterday, was released late last night.
According to Andheri police, 24 activists including Prithiviraj Maske (north-west district NCP president) and Amol Matele (president of NCP students` wing), who were arrested yesterday, were produced before a holiday court which remanded them in judicial custody.
The accused applied for bail, but the court kept the hearing for tomorrow, making them to spend a night in Arthur Road jail.
The group allegedly entered the second floor of AAP office at Chakala and tore up and burnt the posters of Arvind Kejriwal around 2.30 PM yesterday. They also burnt Kejriwal`s effigy. Later, the NCP workers were held by Andheri police.
Following the attack, AAP leader Mayank Gandhi along with his associates was heading for the NCP office in suburban Juhu to lodge a protest when he was detained for several hours by MIDC police station before being released late last night.
The attack comes three days after AAP leader Anjali Damania targeted senior NCP leader and Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, saying that Mumbai citizens were paying high electricity charges due to corruption and inefficiency of the state power ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan's 'raped woman' controversy: Here's what Nawazuddin Siddiqui has to say about his 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'
- Brexit: Emotions a key factor as the British EU referendum looms
- SCO Summit: India looks forward to fruitful outcome, says PM Narendra Modi
- 'Nautanki, full drama CM': Arvind Kejriwal tweets praising a movie; Twitter explodes with hilarious reactions
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls Hillary Clinton 'world-class liar' as war of words intensifies