AAP terms Raj Thackeray`s remark as indecent, targets NCP
Mumbai: The Aam Admi Party on Friday termed Raj Thackeray`s comment regarding the new-comer party as "indecent", and said it would not react to it, while also targeting NCP over corruption.
"He (Raj Thackeray) has his own style (of speaking). It was indecent language. We will not indulge in indecent language and stoop to his level," AAP leader Mayank Gandhi said here.
Raj Thackeray, two days ago, had sought to play down AAP`s significance and said that in Maharashtra MNS was still the `Baap` (father/boss).
Referring to the construction business partnership between Raj and Unmesh Joshi, the son of senior Shiv Sena leader Manohar Joshi, Gandhi said there "should be some kind of alignment" in what the MNS chief says.
Taking a potshot at the Sharad Pawar-led NCP, Gandhi said its senior leaders were "icons" of corruption.
The AAP workers here today carried out a public contact program, under which they met people and spoke about the Adarsh Society scam.
Gandhi said that AAP had set itself the target of enrolling 10 lakh members in Maharashtra by January 26.
"We have announced a free membership. Earlier, those who want to be a member had to pay Rs 10. The membership has now reached 3.5-4 lakh," he said.
The state had become the number one corrupt state in the country because of the ruling Congress-NCP government, he said, adding that AAP would take to the streets to expose the corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test