AAP to move EC against Pawar over his voting remark
Mumbai: Condemning Union Agriculture Minister and NCP chief Sharad Pawar`s statement asking his party workers to "vote twice" in upcoming polls, the AAP on Sunday said it would write to the Election Commission recommending strict action against the politician.
"Aam Admi Party will write to the Election Commission and ask them to take strict action against Pawar and his party NCP," a statement issued by Maharashtra unit of AAP said.
"Such brazen calls to indulge in corrupting our democratic processes must not go unpunished," said the statement signed by Preety Menon-Sharma, state unit secretary.
The statement further said AAP volunteers will keep a vigil this time in every single polling booth across Maharashtra to prevent "bogus voting" and will report to EC if it detects any such cases.
"We encourage all citizens to stay alert and make prompt complaints to the EC helpline," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest