AAP to move EC against Pawar over his voting remark
Mumbai: Condemning Union Agriculture Minister and NCP chief Sharad Pawar`s statement asking his party workers to "vote twice" in upcoming polls, the AAP on Sunday said it would write to the Election Commission recommending strict action against the politician.
"Aam Admi Party will write to the Election Commission and ask them to take strict action against Pawar and his party NCP," a statement issued by Maharashtra unit of AAP said.
"Such brazen calls to indulge in corrupting our democratic processes must not go unpunished," said the statement signed by Preety Menon-Sharma, state unit secretary.
The statement further said AAP volunteers will keep a vigil this time in every single polling booth across Maharashtra to prevent "bogus voting" and will report to EC if it detects any such cases.
"We encourage all citizens to stay alert and make prompt complaints to the EC helpline," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- PSL 2016 T20, Match 7: Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi – Key players
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears