AAP to move EC against Pawar over his voting remark
Mumbai: Condemning Union Agriculture Minister and NCP chief Sharad Pawar`s statement asking his party workers to "vote twice" in upcoming polls, the AAP on Sunday said it would write to the Election Commission recommending strict action against the politician.
"Aam Admi Party will write to the Election Commission and ask them to take strict action against Pawar and his party NCP," a statement issued by Maharashtra unit of AAP said.
"Such brazen calls to indulge in corrupting our democratic processes must not go unpunished," said the statement signed by Preety Menon-Sharma, state unit secretary.
The statement further said AAP volunteers will keep a vigil this time in every single polling booth across Maharashtra to prevent "bogus voting" and will report to EC if it detects any such cases.
"We encourage all citizens to stay alert and make prompt complaints to the EC helpline," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yes I am upset with Mika: Krushna Abhishek speaks on singer shooting for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Trending Topics: Facebook makes changes to avoid political bias
- Pothole kills young girl in Bengaluru but minister says “don't blame the government”
- Jayalalithaa's swearing-in: Ardent fan of MGR, auto-driver charges just Re 1 for all rides to celebrate win - WATCH
- Here’s why you need to read Arpita Khan Sharma’s response to haters