AAP to move EC against Pawar over his voting remark
Mumbai: Condemning Union Agriculture Minister and NCP chief Sharad Pawar`s statement asking his party workers to "vote twice" in upcoming polls, the AAP on Sunday said it would write to the Election Commission recommending strict action against the politician.
"Aam Admi Party will write to the Election Commission and ask them to take strict action against Pawar and his party NCP," a statement issued by Maharashtra unit of AAP said.
"Such brazen calls to indulge in corrupting our democratic processes must not go unpunished," said the statement signed by Preety Menon-Sharma, state unit secretary.
The statement further said AAP volunteers will keep a vigil this time in every single polling booth across Maharashtra to prevent "bogus voting" and will report to EC if it detects any such cases.
"We encourage all citizens to stay alert and make prompt complaints to the EC helpline," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway