AAP to move EC against Pawar over his voting remark
Mumbai: Condemning Union Agriculture Minister and NCP chief Sharad Pawar`s statement asking his party workers to "vote twice" in upcoming polls, the AAP on Sunday said it would write to the Election Commission recommending strict action against the politician.
"Aam Admi Party will write to the Election Commission and ask them to take strict action against Pawar and his party NCP," a statement issued by Maharashtra unit of AAP said.
"Such brazen calls to indulge in corrupting our democratic processes must not go unpunished," said the statement signed by Preety Menon-Sharma, state unit secretary.
The statement further said AAP volunteers will keep a vigil this time in every single polling booth across Maharashtra to prevent "bogus voting" and will report to EC if it detects any such cases.
"We encourage all citizens to stay alert and make prompt complaints to the EC helpline," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Pakistan boss Mickey Arthur undaunted by Australia axe
- SHOCKING! Three Bangladesh players accused of match-fixing in Dhaka Premier league
- Lenovo Vibe K5 2nd flash sale tomorrow; registrations till 11.59 pm today
- Mumbai: Drunk girl creates ruckus in Worli Police Station, slaps cop – Watch video
- MS Dhoni has three to four years of cricket left but Virat Kohli should lead India in all formats: Ravi Shastri