Abducted Ahmedabad lad rescued from Mumbai
Ahmedabad: A four-year-old boy kidnapped from outside his house here last week was today rescued from a Mumbai suburb by city police.
Mehfooz Ahmed, son of Munshir Abdul Ahmad Ansari, was traced and rescued from suburban Kurla in Mumbai today by a team of city police," Police Inspector M H Patel said.
Five persons, including Mehfooz`s neighbour Mohammad Irfaan Ansari, were apprehended for allegedly abducting him from outside his house on September 20, he said.
According to police, Mehfooz`s parents suspected Ansari`s involvement in the crime as the latter also went missing the day the child disappeared.
Ansari revealed that he, along with one of his accomplices in the crime Sultan took Mehfooz to Kurla and kept him at the house of one of the distant relatives of the child.
A team of Bapunagar Police led by PSI R G Jadeja rescued Mehfooz from Kurla today with the help of their Mumbai counterparts before the accused could make any demand for money, Patel said.
Apart from Ansari, the others arrested in the case include Rizwan Ahmad Ansari, Saddam Hussain alias Babboo, Sultan Khan and Shailesh Ramachandran, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family