Abducted Ahmedabad lad rescued from Mumbai
Ahmedabad: A four-year-old boy kidnapped from outside his house here last week was today rescued from a Mumbai suburb by city police.
Mehfooz Ahmed, son of Munshir Abdul Ahmad Ansari, was traced and rescued from suburban Kurla in Mumbai today by a team of city police," Police Inspector M H Patel said.
Five persons, including Mehfooz`s neighbour Mohammad Irfaan Ansari, were apprehended for allegedly abducting him from outside his house on September 20, he said.
According to police, Mehfooz`s parents suspected Ansari`s involvement in the crime as the latter also went missing the day the child disappeared.
Ansari revealed that he, along with one of his accomplices in the crime Sultan took Mehfooz to Kurla and kept him at the house of one of the distant relatives of the child.
A team of Bapunagar Police led by PSI R G Jadeja rescued Mehfooz from Kurla today with the help of their Mumbai counterparts before the accused could make any demand for money, Patel said.
Apart from Ansari, the others arrested in the case include Rizwan Ahmad Ansari, Saddam Hussain alias Babboo, Sultan Khan and Shailesh Ramachandran, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown