Abducted Ahmedabad lad rescued from Mumbai
Ahmedabad: A four-year-old boy kidnapped from outside his house here last week was today rescued from a Mumbai suburb by city police.
Mehfooz Ahmed, son of Munshir Abdul Ahmad Ansari, was traced and rescued from suburban Kurla in Mumbai today by a team of city police," Police Inspector M H Patel said.
Five persons, including Mehfooz`s neighbour Mohammad Irfaan Ansari, were apprehended for allegedly abducting him from outside his house on September 20, he said.
According to police, Mehfooz`s parents suspected Ansari`s involvement in the crime as the latter also went missing the day the child disappeared.
Ansari revealed that he, along with one of his accomplices in the crime Sultan took Mehfooz to Kurla and kept him at the house of one of the distant relatives of the child.
A team of Bapunagar Police led by PSI R G Jadeja rescued Mehfooz from Kurla today with the help of their Mumbai counterparts before the accused could make any demand for money, Patel said.
Apart from Ansari, the others arrested in the case include Rizwan Ahmad Ansari, Saddam Hussain alias Babboo, Sultan Khan and Shailesh Ramachandran, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!