Abducted Ahmedabad lad rescued from Mumbai
Ahmedabad: A four-year-old boy kidnapped from outside his house here last week was today rescued from a Mumbai suburb by city police.
Mehfooz Ahmed, son of Munshir Abdul Ahmad Ansari, was traced and rescued from suburban Kurla in Mumbai today by a team of city police," Police Inspector M H Patel said.
Five persons, including Mehfooz`s neighbour Mohammad Irfaan Ansari, were apprehended for allegedly abducting him from outside his house on September 20, he said.
According to police, Mehfooz`s parents suspected Ansari`s involvement in the crime as the latter also went missing the day the child disappeared.
Ansari revealed that he, along with one of his accomplices in the crime Sultan took Mehfooz to Kurla and kept him at the house of one of the distant relatives of the child.
A team of Bapunagar Police led by PSI R G Jadeja rescued Mehfooz from Kurla today with the help of their Mumbai counterparts before the accused could make any demand for money, Patel said.
Apart from Ansari, the others arrested in the case include Rizwan Ahmad Ansari, Saddam Hussain alias Babboo, Sultan Khan and Shailesh Ramachandran, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'