Abducted Ahmedabad lad rescued from Mumbai
Ahmedabad: A four-year-old boy kidnapped from outside his house here last week was today rescued from a Mumbai suburb by city police.
Mehfooz Ahmed, son of Munshir Abdul Ahmad Ansari, was traced and rescued from suburban Kurla in Mumbai today by a team of city police," Police Inspector M H Patel said.
Five persons, including Mehfooz`s neighbour Mohammad Irfaan Ansari, were apprehended for allegedly abducting him from outside his house on September 20, he said.
According to police, Mehfooz`s parents suspected Ansari`s involvement in the crime as the latter also went missing the day the child disappeared.
Ansari revealed that he, along with one of his accomplices in the crime Sultan took Mehfooz to Kurla and kept him at the house of one of the distant relatives of the child.
A team of Bapunagar Police led by PSI R G Jadeja rescued Mehfooz from Kurla today with the help of their Mumbai counterparts before the accused could make any demand for money, Patel said.
Apart from Ansari, the others arrested in the case include Rizwan Ahmad Ansari, Saddam Hussain alias Babboo, Sultan Khan and Shailesh Ramachandran, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!