Abhinav Bharat a terrorist group: Maha police
New Delhi: The Maharashtra government has
been suggested by the state police to include right-wing
groups Sanatan Sanstha and Abhinav Bharat under the category
of banned terrorist organisations, the Rajya Sabha was
informed on Wednesday.
The names of both the groups came up during the
investigations of the Goa and the Malegaon blasts case.
"In the Goa blast case, the name of Sanatan Sanstha has
come up and in Malegaon case of 2008, the name of Abhinav
Bharat has come up during investigations. In the bomb blast
case of Malegaon 2006, as per the investigation conducted by
ATS Mumbai and the CBI, Student Islamic Movement of India
(SIMI) activists were involved...
"The matter is still under investigation," Minister of
State for Home Affairs Jitendra Singh said in a written reply.
He said that Maharashtra Police recommended the state
government to include both the groups in the Schedule of
Terrorist Organisations under Section 35 of the Unlawful
Activities (Prevention) Act, (UAPA) 1967.
SIMI is included as a terrorist organisation under the
The minister said that name of "no specific organisation
has been confirmed as yet in the investigations into the
Samjhauta, Mecca Masjid and Ajmer dargah blasts cases.
"However, among the accused persons in these cases viz.
late Sunil Joshi and Swami Aseemanad, Devendra Gupta and
Lokesh Sharma, who have been arrested and chargesheeted, were
reportedly earlier involved in the activities of Rashtriya
Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS)."
"This was revealed during the course of investigation and
also from the confessional statements of Swami Aseemanand,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks