ABPIL alleges illegal construction by sons of 93 blast fugitive
Mumbai: A PIL has said that two sons of
Yeda Yakub -- an absconding accused in the 1993 Mumbai blasts
case -- are allegedly indulging in large-scale illegal
construction in the city, and civic authorities are turning a
blind eye to it.
M K Builders, owned by Yakub`s sons -- Anis and Imran,
has constructed some 40 unauthorised buildings in Naupada area
of the city, alleged petitioner Ashraf Mansuri.
However, in response to Ashraf`s petition in the
Bombay High Court, municipal authorities have filed an
affidavit explaining action taken with regard to only one
"Why affidavit does not deal with other buildings?
There are serious allegations made in the petition. File a
detailed affidavit next week," said a division bench of
Justices F I Rebello and J H Bhatia today.
Yeda Yakub alias Khan Yakub Wali was an aide of Dawood
Ibrahim, and he figures in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case as one
of the conspirators. He is still absconding.
According to the petitioners, M K Builders has
demolished the old buildings and carried out new constructions
without necessary permission from the civic authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand